Our cold brew concentrate formula and technique produces a very rich and flavorful batch of coffee. The intention with this is to brew something that you will enjoy with milk or cut it with water.
What you’ll need to get started:
- Start with fresh ground Karl The Fog Coffee.
- Filtered water at room temperature.
- Two equal-sized containers.
- A strainer.
- Large spoon.
The recipe below produces a cold brew concentrate that is meant to be cut with either water (hot or cold), milk or a milk alternative.
- Use 1.5 pounds of coffee for every 1 gallon of water. Remember that some of the water will be left in the grinds so you will get less out after brewing is complete.
- Grind your KTF Coffee on the coarsest setting or ask us to grind it for you.
- Put your ground coffee into one of the containers and add the correct amount of room-temperature water. Use the spoon to mix everything up so that all the grinds are saturated.
- Place your container on the counter away from sunlight and let sit for 18 hours.
- After your 18-hour steep, place your cheesecloth into the strainer and strain the coffee into your other container.
- Place the cold brew concentrate into the fridge overnight to chill.
At this point, you’ve got a rich cold brew concentrate that you can enjoy in a variety of ways.