The French Press coffee brewing method is very simple and produces a wonderfully rich coffee with a heavier body. The one thing you need to keep in mind is that this method can over-extract coffee producing bitter or unpleasant flavors. It’s important to drink this coffee quickly or transfer it to another container.
What you’ll need to get started:
- 8 cup French Press.
- Start with fresh ground Karl The Fog Coffee.
- 205-degree filtered water or water just off boil.
The recipe below produces a deliciously rich cup of coffee. You can adjust your grind setting to dial in your perfect flavor profile for that particular coffee.
- Prepare 56g of your favorite Path coffee.
- Grind your coffee fresh to a breadcrumb-like consistency.
- Warm up your French Press then throw away that water.
- Add your ground coffee to the French Press.
- Add your 205-degree filtered water to the top of the band around the French Press.
- Stir to make sure all the grinds are saturated.
- Carefully place the top on and let your coffee steep for 4 minutes.
- At 4 minutes slowly press the plunger.
Our suggestion would be to drink this coffee immediately or transfer it to another carafe to keep it from over extracting.